Strawberry season is upon us. After seeing local strawberries show up at the market, I couldn’t resist trying out an experiment I’ve tried once before to answer the question of whether you could use strawberries in a savory dish. Spoilers: Yes, yes you can.
It being week two of my forced vacation, I decided to make use of my SF Zoo membership to get me out of the apartment. Thus, I packed my NX210 and my Jupiter-37A and headed off.
Read more »
Pizza is one of those things that’s really satisfying to make. I have a crust recipe that I’ve been slowly working on making better, and I think I’m almost there now. To test this theory I decided to make a shrimp and pesto pizza today.
Having been thwarted two days in a row on grilling, I decided to make a roast chicken inspired by Thomas Keller’s roast chicken from Ad Hoc.
This past week I was going to go to a steakhouse, but was thwarted by a hour and a half long wait time. As a result, I decided that I was just going to make my own steak at home.
One of the advantages of moving to where I did is the fact that my closest farmer’s market is now just a little down the street. As a result, getting fresh, local ingredients has become exceptionally easy. One of the more interesting parts has been that there is a fresh seafood vendor in the market, and I’ve been getting seafood every Sunday as my “fancy dinner” base. Last week she suggested trying their halibut, so I decided to make a cream sauce based dish.
I have a Raspberry Pi. They recently announced that the official Raspbian (debian for the raspi) was released. For those that are curious, these are the default installed packages:
I originally posted this as a reddit comment, but for those that don’t do reddit, here are some instructions on how to remove all the GUI packages:
On the rpi do the following:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ wget http://bluewavedigital.net/diffPackages.txt
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo dpkg --set-selections < diffPackages.txt
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get -u dselect-upgrade
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get autoremove --purge
Note that I did this by hand and just used the diff between what the stock image was vs what I ended up with, so your mileage may vary. Do this at your own risk!
Today’s post is about a camera that I bought intending to use it for the 365 project but ended up not using due to a broken light meter.
What follows is a tale of woe. It’s a story filled with pretty colors in a mostly out of focus gathering of light upon Kodak Portra 400.
It’s been a while since my last post. With work going crazy and then a trip down to Southern California, I wasn’t really able to shoot much. However, here are a few selections from two different rolls I shot in the past month or so.